• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Tried a new pouring technique

Incognitouk

I tried a new pouring technique this evening, tell me what you think?
please ignore the finish on this i just quickly butchered some off the blank to see what it looked like lol
spiral2.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
You know i like these blanks Stuart, and i know the work that is involved and yes this does look good my friend ... :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Looks very uniform that may have cracked it, if not you are certainly well on the way.

Incognitouk

ok i know people do some silly stuff from time to time, it was my turn tonite.

it got a bit messy when i tried to pour this blank and i forgot to put gloves on i know have dyed red hands lol

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Inuk,

Fantastic result free from over here viewing any bubbles uniform swirl in the blue striping beautiful texture in the red background worthy of a 10 gun salute IMHO. Is the process repeatable? Beware of comments such as the dye in those banknotes caught up with you etc.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I like the red and white but not with the blue sorry maybe another color but in saying that I must admit it is very well made and symmetrical and you seem to have created a lot of interest and potential customers so it cant be that bad can it and you always have to have one odd one out

Incognitouk

ok lets see for the guys enquiring about buying the answer is soon very soon

woody your statement about the colour is pretty spot on they dont really go very well together in the picture the blue is popping out a little to much, it does look different in the hands tho (as most things do), a picture cannot do justice for the real thing

Peter your comments, i dont feel worthy, those words coming from a man of your knowledge and expertise what can i say but thank you :)

Jim watch out for the mail man this next week :P

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).