• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Vacuum Stabilising Chambers

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
I've just added these Vacuum Stabilising Chambers to our website, they are made by myself with the same attention to detail that goes into all of my work, you can find more details & prices on our website.

Here's what a forum member had to say after purchasing one, "The chamber is very well made and does exactly what it is meant do. I used it all over the weekend with very good results. Not only a good product but great custumer service also, from a very satisfied customer."

Vacuum Stabilising Chamber.jpg

Phil Dart

Executive Member
First Name
Phil
Looking good Paul - am quite tempted. I've looked on your website and there is a "quick connect" and "standard connect" option. Can you shed a little light? Also, what sort of pump might I need to buy?I'm a Luddite when it comes to vacuum and pressure chambers I'm afraid, so I'm all ears.

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Can I get back to you on these next week Phil? as we're away camping this week & my phone battery is on it's way out, will have to hope there's some sun tommorow to charge it! Probably wasn't the ideal time to start posting about them while on holiday with dodgy phone coverage & no electricity LOL
Was getting a bit bored sat in a tent in the pouring rain though!

Bucks

Fellow
First Name
Paul
Looking good Paul - am quite tempted. I've looked on your website and there is a "quick connect" and "standard connect" option. Can you shed a little light? Also, what sort of pump might I need to buy?I'm a Luddite when it comes to vacuum and pressure chambers I'm afraid, so I'm all ears.

Both versions of the hose have a 1/4" SAE Flare connector at one end to connect to your vacuum pump, With the standard hose the hose is permanently fitted to the chamber using standard 1/4" BSP fittings, With the Quick connect version the hose has a PCL mini Quick connect coupler & the chamber has a corresponding fitting, this makes it easier if you have multiple Chambers that you want to use with the same pump. To be honest if you are not planning on having multiple Chambers I would just go for the standard fitting as there are less points for potential leaks.

With regards to pumps, I'm no expert with them, I've been using one of these 6 CFM 2 stage Pumps for nearly a year with no problems, but I think it's a bit big & overkill. I've just ordered one of these 3 CFM 2 stage pumps as a second/backup pump.

Curtis the manufacturer of Cactus Juice has a really useful article on Selecting a Vacuum Pump for Stabilising, his Cactus Juice is now available over here in the U.K. from Metal Clay.