• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Salvaged silver plated pen

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I think it was an ambassador pen kit from Craft supplies when they were in millers dale the plating wore out a while ago but I liked the blank I had made it with and I didnt want to just bin it, it looked about the same size as a Chairman's kit (he will hate me for this which Brian had given me and I dressed it in PLASTIC) so I stripped the pen down and what a result it fitted so here it is thank you Brian I love it
DSCF1686 (3).JPGDSCF1687 (2).JPG

Jim

Grand Master
Well to be honest if Brian hasn't anything to say but superlatives then he needs his eyes looking at ... Love it!! :winking:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I can see why you re-used the blank Woody, very nice.

I also really like the look of the kit :up:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Keep on with the acrylics, Woody, they are an established material in our game and look just as attractive as wood. Let the buyer choose!!!

Nice pen, matey!

Bob.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Thank you all for your comments those of you that really know me know I will turn whatever takes my fancy whatever we turn there will always be someone who dont like it that is a matter of course and every ones opinion is as important as the next guy my own opinion is wood will always out do plastic but that dont mean I wont turn the stuff or enjoy turning it because I do it makes a change like I will turn metal for a change
Even in wood I have my preferences some like Box, Yew and Sycamore I love turning others like , wenge and palm I dont like turning some wood I hate turning like Oak and Mahogany but I will turn them all they are all just different mediums to turn and enjoy in my eyes

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
Thank you all for your comments those of you that really know me know I will turn whatever takes my fancy whatever we turn there will always be someone who dont like it that is a matter of course and every ones opinion is as important as the next guy my own opinion is wood will always out do plastic but that dont mean I wont turn the stuff or enjoy turning it because I do it makes a change like I will turn metal for a change
Even in wood I have my preferences some like Box, Yew and Sycamore I love turning others like , wenge and palm I dont like turning some wood I hate turning like Oak and Mahogany but I will turn them all they are all just different mediums to turn and enjoy in my eyes

I agree 100 % with what you say Woody as I don't mind turning plastics because there are some beautiful ones out there plus if that is what the customer wants who am I to argue!!!!!

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess

Spot on Woody, as long as we enjoy what we're turning that`s all that matters, if others like what we turn then great, if they don`t that`s up to them but it shouldn't impact on what anyone turns.
Lifes short enough don't waste time trying to please people who`s opinions you don`t value.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).