• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Clear acrylic tube from davy jones's locker

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Is this the sort of thing you're looking for Rowdy?
Not pressed together yet so it can easily be changed.
It's the 10mm internal 1mm wall thickness, printed on plain white paper and rolled inside the tube and the brass tube slide inside that, fits a cigar well as you can see.

P1070780.resized.JPG

P1070782.resized.JPG

Jim

Grand Master
Good examples of what can be done with the clear acrylic tubes Brian ... :thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
You see Brian has been making plastic pens for years not many people knew that but now the cat is out of the bag :funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Davy Jones' Locker, also Davy Jones's Locker, is an idiom for the bottom of the sea: the state of death among drowned sailors and shipwrecks.[2] It is used as a euphemism for drowning or shipwrecks which the sailor(s)'s and/or ship(s)'s remains are consigned to the bottom of the sea (to be sent to Davy Jones' Locker).[3]

The origins of the name of Davy Jones, the sailor's devil,[2] are unclear, with a 19th-century dictionary tracing Davy Jones to a "ghost of Jonah".[4] Other explanations of this nautical superstition have been put forth, including an incompetent sailor or a pub owner who kidnapped sailors.

Wennthepen

Apprentice Member
Having been with the RN for many years Grump I could probably give you a few more examples, however I meant in the context of this thread as I am sure I saw it mentioned on here as though it was a pseudonym for a supplier.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I too am ex RN. it was just a quip to attract Rowdy's attention.
I am not aware of a supplier of that name, I may well have used the term before in chat.
I made the Acrylic tubes some time ago and took some samples to the Axminster meeting for the lads to play with.
Rowdy has been talking to David (JimJam) about making a blank with the submariners logo on it and I posted this just to show how easy it is to create logo pens with the tubing.
Sorry if I have caused you any distress or confusion that was not my intention.
If you or any other forum members would like some samples I would be happy to send them for P&P if you pm me.
I have it in 2 diameters, 3 wall thickness's: 8mm I/d X 1mm & 2 mm wall and 10mm I/d X 1mm wall cut to 500mm-ish lengths for posting.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Thanks for the reply Grump, no probs shipmate, I will pm you but tell me, how do you cut the tube?

Hacksaw or parting tool, If you require specific lengths I can cut for you up to 2 Metres long.
Bugger I am repeating myself again.
Poxy slow connection keeps reloading init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Richard I have done Sierra's but I would swear the tube is now a bigger size than it was then.
P1040955resized.jpg

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Davy Jones' Locker, also Davy Jones's Locker, is an idiom for the bottom of the sea: the state of death among drowned sailors and shipwrecks.[2] It is used as a euphemism for drowning or shipwrecks which the sailor(s)'s and/or ship(s)'s remains are consigned to the bottom of the sea (to be sent to Davy Jones' Locker).[3]

The origins of the name of Davy Jones, the sailor's devil,[2] are unclear, with a 19th-century dictionary tracing Davy Jones to a "ghost of Jonah".[4] Other explanations of this nautical superstition have been put forth, including an incompetent sailor or a pub owner who kidnapped sailors.

Thanks for the explanation Brian.

& there was me thinking the title of your thread related to the locker used by the singer in the Monkees from their TV show days, I was wondering how you`d managed to get hold of Davy Jone`s locker :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).