• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen of the Week - 30 October 2017

Vic Perrin

Executive Member
First Name
Vic
A little earlier than normal this weeks Pen of the Week chosen by Phil Dart goes to the Hybrid Mistral made by Freck.

Phil said "A large flurry of pens posted at the end of the week has made deciding between them all a very difficult process, with so many excellent ones to choose from. However, this one stands out for me, for two reasons.

Firstly, Freck has been away from his lathe for 6 months - if that were me, I would be considerably de-skilled after such a long break. However, Freck has presented the first pen after his downtime to exactly the same exceptionally high standard that he always achieves, and that we've come to expect from him.

Secondly - well, just look at it. It's beautiful".

Here is the link to Freck's original post - http://www.penturners.co.uk/wood-turned-items/20647-hybrid-mistral.html

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 70

Freck Fraser

Graduate Member
First Name
Freck
Humbled to have been chosen from all the top quality pens on show this week folks (I would have sold my wife for at least 3 of them), more so after such a long time away, I was fearing a bucket of "blown efforts" and a mad scramble to see if the blanks would fit other kits but luckily on this occasion it wasn't to be!!!!:goesred::goesred::goesred:

Thanks again

Freck

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).