• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Copper Pen

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
How about a pen turned from a piece of copper rod.

Attachments

• copper.jpg
    copper.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 52

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Nicely done I have used brass and aluminum before but never copper well done did you do it on a wood lathe

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
A bit too much copper I think a black kit would suit it better but still nice and a good effort.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I did think about putting a black kit on it Grump but in the end decided to go pure copper :winking:

I did it on the woodturning lathe Woody using a spindle gouge which will now need a lot of TLC before the next shot.

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Yes, my compliments too, Paul! Like the posters have said, another colour with the copper would have looked better - but that's NOT a criticism of your work!

Bob.

Jim

Grand Master
I do like to see pens made out any material, well Paul, this is the first i have seen in Copper, so a well done on that ... :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I think like Terry said, it does look better in hand and maybe the next one will have a different colour. I lacquered it with some acrylic spray I found in the cupboard so hopefully that'll keep it bright and shiny. I too like trying to make pens out of anything but there is so little time and so many materials. :thinks:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).