• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Making Center Bands for Slimline Pen Kits

Jim

Grand Master
Here is how i add my own center bands to my pens. After i have turned the blanks round i use medium CA glue to stick my custom made C/B to the end of the blank and then press it between my vice until dried. I then use my bandsaw to reduce the waste before presenting it to the sander. I then drill the blank with the C/B facing the drill .... :thumbs:

prepared_pen_blanks.jpg

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I know you showed me this the last time i was at yours Jim, i have done this a few times now and never had a problem, something so simple. :thumbs:

Scots Bill

Registered
First Name
Bill
Hi Jim,
I have been parting down to the brass tube on the nib end, making sure the brass is clean and then Aralditing my spacer ( off cuts from acrylic blanks) onto the brass, barrel trimming the spacer then carrying on as usual. Is this basically the same?

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I think Jim glues up the blank & centre band together before drilling & gluing in the tube, that's certainly how I do it, less chance of damaging the blank that way

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).