• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Small Yew plate

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done Phil theirs no stopping you now is there that is one very nice platter

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Don't yew just look lovely?
Beautiful platterbowl there Phil.

Thank you, I love yew, really really love it. I got 4 bits off ebay, all with that contrast of heart and sap wood. Used 2 and keep looking at the others but no inspiration yet, will wait until it hits then I don't waste such lovely bits of wood.

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Beautiful, beautiful yew! One of our loveliest woods - and you've just turned a bit of it into a work of art! Well done, Phil, that's a dream of a plate!!!

Bob.

Jim

Grand Master
That looks good Phill, you chose a very nice piece of wood to show off your skill ... :bwink:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
There are some bits of wood that just turn out to be perfect in terms of lumps, bumps, grain swirls, pips, knots and other irregularities. And you've turned it superbly, it looks stunning.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Phill, At 7 inches as a plate with the appearance of grandeur it is incredible difficult to size it in close but this allows us to enjoy more fully. For me over here we see very little of this striking timber thanks for the experience one to remember.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).