• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

No pens he he he

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I got the idea for this vase a few days ago and I have been itching to make it ever since Both bowl and vase are from one log so we have a small 8" natural edge Cherry vase and a 4" little bowl both have a sanding sealer and polish finish I have taken a bigger log in the workshop for tomorrow
DSCF1705 (2).JPGDSCF1706 (2).JPG

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Damn you young Steven you beat me to the ear trumpet comment.
Nice one dad well done init?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Aaaah now thats a challenge, might just forget pens tonight, and turn something simple like a bowl for pleasure as opposed to business.

And I'm sure it will be a very nice bowl Neil, from what I have seen you turn in the past you do make a very nice bowl that is the trouble with turning to earn a living you don't get any fun time to do whatever takes your fancy

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
The tall vase is certainly a little quirky mate but all the better for it, lovely job on both :thumbs:

Neil

Fellow
First Name
Neil
And I'm sure it will be a very nice bowl Neil, from what I have seen you turn in the past you do make a very nice bowl that is the trouble with turning to earn a living you don't get any fun time to do whatever takes your fancy

That's spot on Woody, I turn what the market wants, not what I want to turn, but it beats having a whining boss wanting sales reports at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon!

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That's spot on Woody, I turn what the market wants, not what I want to turn, but it beats having a whining boss wanting sales reports at 4pm on a Sunday afternoon!

Yes that is a valid point Neil I worked for myself for years it can be very satisfying and as you say no one going on about targets but I have to admit the best job I have ever had is being retired but there is always something that takes the edge of it you lost your hobby I lost my youth LOL you just do your best and carry on Neil I truly wish you all the success in your venture mate God bless you mate

Jim

Grand Master
Two very well turned and finished items Woody, both to a very high standard .. :bwink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).