• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hi fellow penturners.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have been turning pens for over a year and am completely addicted. I turn kit pens and have cast my own blanks as well as making my own molds for blanks.

I found this site while looking for buckeye burl, unfortunately I still haven't found it :pray:

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome to the forums Pete, i am surprised that you have an addiction to penturning .. Can you share some pictures of your moulds pleaseeeee .. pretty pleaseee :whistling:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome, if you're an addict this is the wrong place, it's bloody full of us.

Penturners Anonymous this ain't, all you'll get here is a regular fix, no therapy whatsoever.

Pull up a chair, enjoy !

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
welcome to the forum if it pen blanks you are looking for here you go Stabilized Buckeye Burl - Clear - Stabilized Wood Blanks - Pen Blanks - Shop

these are the ones i use and well worth the price

did i also say i am the second youngest on here :face:

I am not sure I need stabilised blanks, but that would be okay if they are what I am looking for. I want the gray, grayer the better rather than any colour in the buckeye. Thanks for the link, I will phone them and see if they have any grey stuff.

Peter

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Here is what it looks like
2XsVZIq5emQmILKoIVQNHqvDQkYoZR3gmLwkn6vjkGE=w769-h577-no

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forums Pete, i am surprised that you have an addiction to penturning .. Can you share some pictures of your moulds pleaseeeee .. pretty pleaseee :whistling:

It's not a real addiction, I can manage it, honestly, well most of the time or at least some of the time, at least I think I can, probably.

Yes, no problem, give me a couple of days and I will put up some photos of some molds.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Here is what it looks like

That's a gorgeous blank and pen, I will get some of those blanks even if it's not what I am really after, I want it without the colour. :whistling:

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
that is using clear resin for the stabilizing

Yes I realise that, but buckeye burl has a great range and there is quite a lot of it that doesn't have any brown/red/yellow and is shades of grey.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).