• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bolt Pen

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
This is a rollerball in Stainless steel.

Peter

Attachments

• Bolt_Pen1.jpg
    Bolt_Pen1.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 96
  • Bolt_Pen2.jpg
    Bolt_Pen2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 98

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I copied the pen from Steven Jackson aka Skiprat, he has videos of him making it on youtube.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Very nice Peter I did one some years ago and soon saw Skippy's masterpiece afterwards I often wonder if I gave him the idea.
Must admit his is better than my effort was.

dotslad

Graduate Member
Sorry I don't like this at all really can't see the point as there are so many wonderful materials that we can use be it wood or plastic I am afraid this gets a no from me the bolt in its normal state is far more useful and elegant :banana::banana::banana:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Peter to Peter, Bit like riding your motorbike without an exhaust everyone should do and meet challenges in there own way, I always found stainless a pain in the bum to work, like your attempt. I have no sworn allegiance nor did I sign a pledge to ever only work in one medium, my preference is beautiful grain in wood, trouble is I see a pen in most things around me ReBar, Airguns Musical Instruments etc. Steven is a friend of mine for him I have incredible respect he has acheived where few men have the art of excellence, the way he shares makes me proud to know him, he always says nothing in this world is new.

Benefit of forums all members have talents.

Kind regards mate. Peter.:thumbs:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Peter there's an incredible amount of work gone into that and it looks good so congratulations are in order but its not something I would make, I prefer wood myself

keith

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Wow, that got my attention. Not at all surprised to hear you got the idea from Skiprat - I absolutely love his stuff on IAP. You did an excellent job on that one, mate, and if you were going to send any to Ian (dotslad) or Keith (yorkshireman) you can just bundle theirs in with the one you send me! Gorgeous!!! :love_it::love_it:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I think it is a very good idea at least it wont roll of the desk well made that one

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Sorry I don't like this at all really can't see the point as there are so many wonderful materials that we can use be it wood or plastic I am afraid this gets a no from me the bolt in its normal state is far more useful and elegant :banana::banana::banana:

I won't limit myself to wood and plastic. To me anything that is a challenge and forces me to use my brain is a plus.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Peter there's an incredible amount of work gone into that and it looks good so congratulations are in order but its not something I would make, I prefer wood myself

keith

I made it because it was a challenge, having said that it taught me a lot and has spurred me on to make a kitless pen other than a bolt.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Peter to Peter, Bit like riding your motorbike without an exhaust everyone should do and meet challenges in there own way, I always found stainless a pain in the bum to work, like your attempt. I have no sworn allegiance nor did I sign a pledge to ever only work in one medium, my preference is beautiful grain in wood, trouble is I see a pen in most things around me ReBar, Airguns Musical Instruments etc. Steven is a friend of mine for him I have incredible respect he has acheived where few men have the art of excellence, the way he shares makes me proud to know him, he always says nothing in this world is new.

Benefit of forums all members have talents.

Kind regards mate. Peter.:thumbs:

I have seen lots of skiprat's pens and they are fabulous. The fact that he shares his knowledge is wonderful it can only benefit the penturning community by pushing people to do something different.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Wow, that got my attention. Not at all surprised to hear you got the idea from Skiprat - I absolutely love his stuff on IAP. You did an excellent job on that one, mate, and if you were going to send any to Ian (dotslad) or Keith (yorkshireman) you can just bundle theirs in with the one you send me! Gorgeous!!! :love_it::love_it:

I wouldn't insult anyone by giving them something they don't like, I made one in Brass as well, but that was my prototype before I did the SS one. I have been commissioned to make 1 of each and also one in Aluminium which has to be anodised, but I haven't got round to anodising yet, probably in the new year.

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Peter, Luv it. :love_it::banana::banana:
I may even have a go myself, not in stainless, might try something a wee bit softer......:winking:

Please have a go, it was tremendous fun and I learned a great deal. The brass one was really nice to do.

Peter

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I have been commissioned to make 1 of each and also one in Aluminium which has to be anodised, but I haven't got round to anodising yet, probably in the new year.

Have you thought about powder-coating? I was toying with buying this kit to do that sort of thing, but have too many other things which have to happen first.

Jim

Grand Master
I also like to see materials used that is normally out of our comfort zone to make pens, love it Pete .. :winking:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Shame about the distance between us David I have a powder coating kit including the oven in my stock shed, never been used apart from the bottles now have linseed oil in em.
Anodising and electroplating kit in there too. I just don't got time, I need to get rid of my job and earn a huge income from my hobbies init?

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I just don't got time, I need to get rid of my job and earn a huge income from my hobbies init?

Amen to that, brother! :pray: Same problem here ... I might be tempted to have a bit of a drive out your way when powder coating floats to the top of the 'next to try' list. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).