• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Bungs....

Wennthepen

Apprentice Member
Evening all, does anyone know where rubber (casting) bungs for the end of 10mm tubes can be got? Not the one's that some clowns are asking a fiver for 10?

Jim

Grand Master
Are these bungs to be used for the tubes from a pen or for pipes etc ... :thinks:

Wennthepen

Apprentice Member
For pen tubes Jim when casting the tube in the resin. Have used mine too many times each already and they are now needing renewing!
\thanks for the ear plug idea Grump, hadn't thought of that.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Why don't you pop darntarn to pandland n get some o-rings stick em on a bit o bar then you got bungs any size ya like cheap as chips init?
plug.JPG

Incognitouk

i am going to be making some new moulds this weekend Wenn, when i mix the silicone i can mix a little extra and fill you some 10 mm straws and make you a batch of 10mm bungs not a problem, just let me know before saturday morning.

Wennthepen

Apprentice Member
Thanks for all the suggestions and offers but l think I will carry on with the plasticine that l have been experimenting with. You are right Rowdy it is as cheap as chips even if it is a bit messy sometimes.
Thanks all

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Thanks for all the suggestions and offers but l think I will carry on with the plasticine that l have been experimenting with. You are right Rowdy it is as cheap as chips even if it is a bit messy sometimes.
Thanks all

Just a thought, I aven't tried it yet. Maybe if we wrap the plasicine in clingfilm, might be less messy !! Whats your thoughts?:bwink:

Wennthepen

Apprentice Member
I think just as I have been trying Rowdy, roll a piece out about the diameter of the inner tube and longer, push it through so it acts as the weight as well and push each end into the tube to seal it. Leave about a 3/4
" on each end to pull down and rest on the bottom of the mould to support the tube. Make good and sure there is no plasticine on the outer ends of the tube prior to casting. I guess its not that messy just different to shoving a bung in the ends! It does work as long as the ends it rests on are well clear of the end of the tube. I think cling film might complicate the process, although I haven't tried it.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).