• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

How a Lack of Concentration Can Cost You Dear

Jim

Grand Master
A while ago i made a pen blank using two different coloured corian cuts with a piece of white plastic glued between the center of each blank ... Well today i cut it into squares to glue back together showing alternate colours ... :bwink:

The Corian Cut Into Squares

corian_pen_blank_squares.jpg

Normally when i am in the shed i listen to some music from CD's that i create myself, mainly from the 60's and 70's but today i decided to put the radio on and listen to the football .. Well i really did get engrossed with this, that much engrossed that when i began to glue up the pieces my concentration was slack to say the least. Well i glued them all together making sure that the plastic was in line at every other square. I left these to dry for about an hour before going back to them to sand off the edges before turning. It was here that i noticed my problem, can you spot it ... :rolling:

corian_pen_blanks.jpg

Well i will be turning the pen tomorrow with others i had prepared today, so you will see the finished item in all its glory .. :whistling:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Oh you fool! :funny: I bet this would have been a good looking pen, thou i guess it will still look nice.

Jim

Grand Master
Oh you fool! :funny:

Take a look in the puzzle thread before you call people fools, fool ... :frenchkiss:

Well i turned the pen, which shows the mistake much more, so its one that i will be keeping myself ... :ciggrin:

corian_segmented_slimline.jpg

But was actually pleased how well the plastic shows between the corian. So i guess i may well be making more of these, but will be giving the work a little more respect. :whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).