• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First pen commision

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Here we go with my first ever pen commision, I posted up a leopard print acrylic on a Sierra kit a while ago & here is a trio of the same made for a lady who wants them as Christmas presents for her nieces.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Some grand looking pens there Doug I'm sure the lady will be more than happy with them

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, Doug,
Congrats on your first commission - and what an entree you've made kicking off with these three little beauties! Your choice of blanks is good and they really go with the style of pen. Well done, matey - those nieces will think these are nicies!!!
Bob.

Jim

Grand Master
Three very nice pens Doug, and a big well done on your first commission ... :thumbs:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
There wont be any complaints when you hand them over to your customer Doug ..very nice indeed..

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I don't often comment nicely on plastic pens but i will comment and congratulate you on your commission.
I will also say you have a damn near match which I believe the customer would love.
My daughter had me make a set for her to give as school leaving presents, with a box engraved Forever Friends. (showing age now she 32 years old and her friend got married last week and still has the pen)
Point is you could make it a touch more special for them with a Forever Family sticker or some other tacky motto to give the come back for more factor. (just a thought)

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.

can I ask where you got the blanks from.

The blank was from Axminster`s Run Wild range code number 211391, it was a 114x35mm blank which I cut into 4.

'Run Wild' Polyester Project Blanks | Axminster.co.uk

Point is you could make it a touch more special for them with a Forever Family sticker or some other tacky motto to give the come back for more factor. (just a thought)

This is something I`m giving some thought to Brian as is making presentation boxes & will definitely be combining the two in some way.
I think my way forward will be to make the boxes from machined components, long lengths of shaped timber that can simply be cut to size & assembled :thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
3 crackers I am sure she and the neices will be chuffed to bits. Congratulations on your first commission:bravo:

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).