• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

A Grumpy day init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I haven't posted any pens lately as I have been busy at work and not felt up to much when I have had time to turn.
I got nagged yesterday to finish a job that had been hanging around for weeks, some spindle table legs 2 sets of.
That sort of gave me some enthusiasm today to do another job that has been in the offing, some of you have asked about the windmills I turn for this guy so I took camera to shed with me.
Pic 01 this is them when I have finished with them, he then dresses them up and flogs em at craft fairs etc.

01.JPG

Pic 02 I only use 2 tools for these, one for making shavings the other for making a texture for the roof.
My favourite flat bladed thingybob and a grindstone dresser.

02.JPG

Pic 03 This is the finish I get straight from the blade so no sanding required, pic taken before texturing the lid.
Woods are sapele and pine, so the blade needs to be kept sharp to get this finish on pine.

03.JPG

pic 04 Job done before pub, now to get drunk init?
Two boxes each with 50 in, 5 hours work that is enough my back is now killing me I need some beer.

04.JPG

Pic 05 A nice pile of shavings made from my efforts my Drain likes to clean up behind me.
That won't be there when I get back from boozer that is all good clean stuff for Grandchidrens Rabbit and Guinea pigs.

05.JPG

A little message to all who donated to my scouts appeal over the last few years.
My sister sold the last of your items yesterday and raised another £220.00 for our local scouts.
Over the years we have together sent boys Mountain climbing, White water rafting, Duke of Edinburgh award scheme and many other things along the way.
More than £6.000 has been raised by the little scout shop, fêtes and events all from our donations.
Some of these young men would never have had the opportunity to do this without your help.
A heartfelt Thank you from Kevin and Jill who have just retired from their duties as Scoutmaster and secretary.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I'm looking forward to a smashing day today Terry and his good lady are visiting us for the day and we Terry and I are looking forward to a day in on the lathe this is were I miss my old work shop were I had several lathes but never mind I'm sure we will have a fantastic day turning I dont know what yet but I'm sure Terry has got something he wants to try his hand at and he is bringing me a boot full of Ash He he he have a good day every body happy turning those of you who haven't got to go to work that is Oh its good to be retired us ol farts do know how to live LOL

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Make sure all your tools are numbered and locked down Woody! Might be useful to frisk Terry every time he goes out the door just to ensure he doesn't have a chisel stuffed down his trousers ...:bwink:

Terry

Chairman Plonker
Executive Member
An exile Geordie living in Kingston upon Hull
First Name
Terry
I'm looking forward to a smashing day today Terry and his good lady are visiting us for the day and we Terry and I are looking forward to a day in on the lathe this is were I miss my old work shop were I had several lathes but never mind I'm sure we will have a fantastic day turning I dont know what yet but I'm sure Terry has got something he wants to try his hand at and he is bringing me a boot full of Ash He he he have a good day every body happy turning those of you who haven't got to go to work that is Oh its good to be retired us ol farts do know how to live LOL

My sentiments exactly!!!!!! LOL

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).