• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Good morning from Glasgow

John G

Registered
Hello. I have just stumbled across the forum this morning and would like to say hello. My name is John and I live in the West of Glasgow, since my retirement I have taken up a few hobbies to make a bit more structure to the new found time on my hands. I have been a "dormant" member of Strathclyde Woodturners, but have been doing more and more turning recently, but I must admit the articles I have been turning are not of a great quality but I have enjoyed turning them. I recently received a pen turning kit as a birthday gift and have thoroughly enjoyed turning some slimline pens. I find it quite intoxicating as the results are fairly pleasing, quick to turn and do not require a large blank or sturdy lathe to achieve good results. The pens are also appeal to my practical nature and can be used immediately.

I hope to learn more and contribute to the forum in the future.

John G

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, post photos of your pens and ask for assistance on anything, someone here is bound to know the answer.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Hi John welcome from the only sane person on this forum you mentioned you had made some stuff not very good but you enjoyed making them well none of are any good at turning but we all enjoy making shavings and that in the most important thing enjoy your hobby and you will get better because of that one fact.
A word of warning there is another branch of this forum chaired by Terry they are on the look out for new members it is the plonkers club beware they will suck you in as soon as you put a foot wrong Please dont tell anyone I have warned you
:wink::wink:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Welcome !

Please do post some pics, we always enjoy seeing others work.

Enjoy the banter and don't feel afraid to abuse people, we love it really.

:up:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Welcome John from South Lanarkshire.

Enjoy the forum & join in but watch the softy southerners, lunatic to a man, mad as hatters and nutty as fruitcakes. Oh, & some of them can gab like ol' washer wimmin!! :mooney2::mooney2:

Any time you need help of a practical nature rather than theory (forum) give us a shout & if I can help I will, am just off J10 of the M74.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
HI John ..a warm welcome from the Blackpool branch of the forum . I sure you will get on well here . Enjoy.

Ed.

Paul

Fellow
Welcome John

I would encourage you to post your pens, doesn't matter what they are like - these guys are helpful and the advice has been invaluable, (well hopefully valuable :bwink:). They have made really salient points, that have made be go :duh: :banghead:. but makes me turn more!

Welcome John from South Lanarkshire.

Enjoy the forum & join in but watch the softy southerners, lunatic to a man, mad as hatters and nutty as fruitcakes. Oh, & some of them can gab like ol' washer wimmin!! :mooney2::mooney2:

:face:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).