• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Order coming up?

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I was working in Sussex before Christmas. I got talking to one of the lads and he was telling me that his wife worked for a small joinery business and she could get offcuts. The following week he delivered half a sack of sapele. Some lovely wood that would cost about £100 from John Boddy's. So as a thank you I made a slimline and posted it to him. He gave it to his wife who showed it to her boss. The result was an email last week saying a full sack of various types of wood is being set aside for me and the boss wants to know can I make a batch order of pens as he wants to give them out as gifts to all the staff and will he get a discount. Of course I replied yes and am waiting for more details.

Jim

Grand Master
Sounds good Keith, keep us informed how it goes. :thumbs: Not only a sack of wood for free but an order to boot, only in my dreams. :ciggrin:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Another sackful of sapele offcuts picked up and an email saying the owner of the joinery business is looking for approx 30 gifts to hand out to clents at xmas which all must be made from the wood he gives me. He is looking for suggestions as to what else I could do beside pens. I was thinking small boxes, letter openers etc. Any suggestions lads.

keith

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
You lucky bas%*@&d :ciggrin:

Key rings for sure, other suggestions depends on the size of your wood, salt & pepper mills, and not forgetting wine stoppers. :thumbs:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Hows this order coming YM, Sapele is very good wood for the little things as well as pens. :ciggrin:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Gonna make a few samples over the next few weeks and send down for comments and hopefully an order

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).