• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello

Chindit

Apprentice Member
Hi, Just found this forum this morning, I'm 65 years old I've recently semi retired and set up a workshop in the garden, The last time I used a lathe I was at school.

So I'm sure I'm in the right place for Hints and tips to get me started.

Phil.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Wotchya and welcome.
First hint is: Unless you live in a very warm and dry climate, get that workshop under cover, a shed would be a good idea if you don't have a lean too or garage like the posh members here.

Paul

Fellow
Hello, welcome, and post your pens, the chaps here give very helpful advice. :thumbs:

dotslad

Graduate Member
Warm welcome Phil you are starting just as I did on retirement but five years ago you will find like I did that wood turning is a fascinating hobby especially the pen turning. I find it's something I never get bored with.
This is a great forum to be on but like all forums it's down to what you put in as to what you get out please post pictures of you work don't be shy none of us were born turners and the help and support you will get on this forum is second to none.
Perhaps you would be good enough to post your location a little bit more precisely ie. town
best regards Ian :whistling::banana::banana:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi Chindit welcome ..you weren't with Wingate were you ? You will like it here. My history in turning was just as yours was, now after only three months of taking lessons from these chaps I, without doubt, make the best pens on the forum ! Others will tell you different. If I were you I'd be inclined to believe them !:whistling:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Hi Chindit welcome ..you weren't with Wingate were you ? You will like it here. My history in turning was just as yours was, now after only three months of taking lessons from these chaps I, without doubt, make the best pens on the forum ! Others will tell you different. If I were you I'd be inclined to believe them !:whistling:

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

YEs, well.................. welcome, join in & enjoy

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Oh you poor man you will find yourself on the long slippery road of bankruptcy and joining this forum you have taken the first step to insanity now with winter coming is it wise turning in the garden LOL welcome and enjoy being part off this madhouse just watch out for the plonkers they are taking over

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, enjoy!

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).