• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Pen Casting Carousel

Jim

Grand Master
Seeing the carousel in the video posted earlier i decided to have a go at making one, it is used to hold the tubes when you place them into the pressure pot. I only had some MDF, so i cut two pieces from the large board and placed them on the lathe and brought to round using the parting tool ... :thumbs:

turning_round.jpg

Made a mess of marking out for the holes, but it will do ... It took more drilling than i thought it would ...

drilling.jpg

The finished article ...

pen_casting_holder.jpg

I actually made this before i found that the pot was leaking ready for production .. It will keep ... :whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).