• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Snapped Bandsaw Blade

Jim

Grand Master
I had just cut up some blanks from a block of Burr Elm no problems .. I took a log of Sumac to cut so as to be able to show the grain to both Terry and Neil, as i am taking a log to them tomorrow .. When half way through a second piece the damn blade snapped??? Now it isn't wear and tear as the blade is only a few months old with limited cutting ... Funny old day ... :rolling:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Did it snap at the weld? I have had a few like that, if it is from Tuff he will re-weld it, but I couldn't be bothered to send them back.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Its bloody annoying when that happens get in touch with your supplier they may send you a new one

Jim

Grand Master
Aye it is from Tuff, this is the second one that has gone on me from them .. Back to my old supplier for me where i had none of this ... :bwink:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Out of interest was it an M42 steel blade ?I had one of those snap on the joint :down:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Not to teach grandpa to suck eggs or anything, but I have to ask in case: are you adjusting the blade guides right? In particular the two behind the blade stopping it from being pushed backward in the cut can cause this type of thing if not properly set for the blade.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).