• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

What's the point?

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
I ordered some Credit Card pens (also known as 'Ladies Pens') from Penkits UK. Wasn't sure what to expect - and now I wish I hadn't bothered! They're tiny (92mm stem to stern) and rather ugly. Waste of a good blank, I'd say! Anyone else make these? What's your opinion?

View attachment 104

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Have to agree its not to my taste and i dout that i will be making any now i have seen this.

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
could may be use up some nub ends of blanks, maybe some contrasting matching??

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Not to my liking in style, but i can see why it is made with women in mind. :thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Like Matty says, if you have a short blank then this kit will surely come in handy ... :thumbs:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Thanks for the input, all. WB and Tony, yes, maybe it's a girl thing! Interestingly my wife didn't fancy it at first, but it seems to have grown on her. Jim and Matty, that's true that it doesn't take much if a blank. What worries me, though, is that it takes about the same amount of effort which is unlikely to be reflected in the price! Ah well, different strokes, eh?

David

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).