PDA

View Full Version : Harrogate Show

yorkshireman
10-11-13, 13:20
Got friday 22nd November booked off work and me and senior management are off to the north of england show. I'm sure she's looking forward to it. I spoil her!!

Doug
10-11-13, 15:34
I hope she realises how lucky she is.

:funny::funny::funny::funny:

Woody
10-11-13, 16:08
Your just to kind I wanted to come but it is the first day we open out stall hope you all have a grand ol time

Jim
10-11-13, 16:55
Well Terry, myself and the better halves has just had a dry run at the Christmas Fair held there from Thursday of this week, met up at Neil's stall where he looked fatigued after the third day ... :kiss:

Hopefully the war office and I will be at the wood show on Sunday .. :ciggrin:

Terry
10-11-13, 19:03
I'm looking forward to the show. I have had my tickets for about 6 weeks. I intend to go on the Friday!!!!

PhillH
10-11-13, 19:06
Bitterly regretting no longer living just north of Harrogate.

For all kinds of reasons, but this one especially.

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

Walter
10-11-13, 20:38
I will be there on Saturday. :thumbs:

L200arg
10-11-13, 20:39
I'll be there on the Sunday

silver
10-11-13, 20:49
I will avoid Saturday and Sunday then...:whistling:

Only because I'm working elsewhere.....:down:

rowdyyates115
10-11-13, 22:27
Woody - Wishing you all the best for your Grand Opening.. :thumbs:
Is there any room in the stall for customers after all you have made for it? :funny::funny:

Woody
10-11-13, 22:29
Woody - Wishing you all the best for your Grand Opening.. :thumbs:
Is there any room in the stall for customers after all you have made for it? :funny::funny:

Only if they bring there wallet :thumbs::thumbs:

Penpal
11-11-13, 00:09
WOW, I can hardly wait for the pics of all the intended visits you attend and kind best wishes Woody for a Grand Opening C/W open wallets short pockets and real appreciation for your innovative products.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs::claps:

Jimjam66
11-11-13, 07:24
Open wallets and short pockets ... I love it Peter! Here's hoping Woody gets lots and all the Harrogate show visitors don't bankrupt themselves!

:bwink:

bellringer
11-11-13, 07:52
I also have my first show next weekend

Doug
11-11-13, 08:50
I also have my first show next weekend

Best of luck with that Alex, hope things go well. :thumbs:

rowdyyates115
11-11-13, 09:25
Wishing you the best on your show Alex....:thumbs::thumbs:

Woody
11-11-13, 10:08
All the best Alex but most of all enjoy the experience of it
And thank you all for your very kind wishes short pockets haven't heard that one for years Peter

bellringer
11-11-13, 10:25
It should be a good first show I onky have to pay 10% of what I make upto 40 for the stall so if I make nothing I pay nothing so I cant lose really

Neil
11-11-13, 10:46
It should be a good first show I onky have to pay 10% of what I make upto 40 for the stall so if I make nothing I pay nothing so I cant lose really

Where are you this weekend Alex?

Grump
11-11-13, 12:30
Wishing all who do stools the very best of luck, hope all comes out very profitable for you.

bellringer
11-11-13, 12:40
Where are you this weekend Alex?

A girls boarding school near me at there fair

Neil
11-11-13, 15:18
Strictly business then!!

bellringer
11-11-13, 15:43
Of course this is the school GIRLS BOARDING SCHOOL SURREY UK: ST TERESA'S EFFINGHAM (http://www.st-teresas.com/)

PhillH
11-11-13, 16:17
Of course this is the school GIRLS BOARDING SCHOOL SURREY UK: ST TERESA'S EFFINGHAM (http://www.st-teresas.com/)

:rolling: Only you could organise your first fair at a venue like that.

Hope it goes well for you and the fair also!

Youth, wasted on the young :whistling::whistling:

stevenw1963
11-11-13, 16:53
Hope you've got plenty of pink pens Alex :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

bellringer
11-11-13, 17:13
i will let you all know how it goes

Jim
11-11-13, 19:55
Good luck Alex, great venue for the acrylics ... :whistling:

yorkshireman
22-11-13, 19:27
Just got back from Harrogate. Very good show with lots of trade stands and demonstrations but it was packed. I was struggling anyway with a broken toe but you just couldn't get near some of the stands especially the likes of axminster. After 2 hours of fighting my way about I gave up and took wife to Knaresborough. Shame as I had 400 cash burning a hole in my pocket and only managed to spend just over half of it with lots more that I wanted but I got fed up being shoved around. Did manage to get the sovereign ultima hollowing system with side handle, sharpening jig, spare cutter etc for about 50 less than the cheapest internet deal so not a wasted day. I'll go back next year but only if there's more room. Perhaps its better at the weekend.

Buckeye
22-11-13, 19:42
I have never heard of the Harrogate show, but it sounds like it will be worth a visit next year, was there any blanks for sale?

Peter

yorkshireman
22-11-13, 20:02
Hi Peter, its the biggest woodworking and power tool show in the country. Plenty of timber and blanks for sale too.

Doug
22-11-13, 20:05
Perhaps its better at the weekend.

I`ve got to know a couple of the regular stall holders over the years & they always say Friday is manic, it`s all those yorkshire men wanting to get a bargain before they sell out :bwink::nonono:

Jim
22-11-13, 21:06
Just got back from Harrogate. Very good show with lots of trade stands and demonstrations but it was packed. I was struggling anyway with a broken toe but you just couldn't get near some of the stands especially the likes of axminster. After 2 hours of fighting my way about I gave up and took wife to Knaresborough. Shame as I had 400 cash burning a hole in my pocket and only managed to spend just over half of it with lots more that I wanted but I got fed up being shoved around. Did manage to get the sovereign ultima hollowing system with side handle, sharpening jig, spare cutter etc for about 50 less than the cheapest internet deal so not a wasted day. I'll go back next year but only if there's more room. Perhaps its better at the weekend.

I can just imagine the face ... :whistling::whistling:

Don't forget to give us a review on the Ultima Hollowing System Keith, it is something that i have looked at in the past ... :thumbs:

Terry
22-11-13, 21:24
I have just got back and I've been going for a few years now and I have never seen it as packed as today. Having said that at about 2 pm it dropped off considerably and it was easy to get to the stalls. Purchased a belt and disc sander - a skew - a continental rouging gouge. Also various pieces of wood. The highlight for me was watching Stuart Mortimer work his magic on the lathe. He is a true professional and his participation with his audience is brilliant plus his work is stunning!!!!!
He said to me that he thought he new me and I said we hadn't met unless he looks in on this forum and has seen my ugly mush!!!!!

Jim
22-11-13, 21:26
I knew you would walk out of there with a gouge Terry, don't ask me why ... :pray:

yorkshireman
22-11-13, 21:38
I can just imagine the face ... :whistling::whistling:

Don't forget to give us a review on the Ultima Hollowing System Keith, it is something that i have looked at in the past ... :thumbs:

Will do James. I've got 8 or 9 pen commissions to get out the way then will attempt some hollowing work. Could be interesting as it will be my debut at this work so will start small. The tool itself certainly looks very well engineered, its solid!

Terry
22-11-13, 21:41
I knew you would walk out of there with a gouge Terry, don't ask me why ... :pray:

I've had my heart set on one for a while Jim and so I got one from Ashley Isles.

Buckeye
22-11-13, 21:47
Hi Peter, its the biggest woodworking and power tool show in the country. Plenty of timber and blanks for sale too.

That makes it worse that I have never heard of the biggest woodworking and power tool show in the country, mind you it is called Tharrogate Show and I could be forgiven for thinking it was all about Yorkshire puds:whistling:

Peter

Woody
22-11-13, 21:52
Will do James. I've got 8 or 9 pen commissions to get out the way then will attempt some hollowing work. Could be interesting as it will be my debut at this work so will start small. The tool itself certainly looks very well engineered, its solid!

I have had one since our open day it took a little while to get the hang of after using the rolly munro but now it works a treat I made the last two vases with it with shavings flying out all over the place

stevenw1963
23-11-13, 00:23
I've had my heart set on one for a while Jim and so I got one from Ashley Isles.

Ah, but did you pay for this one, that's the question :funny::funny::mooney2:

Terry
23-11-13, 08:25
Ah, but did you pay for this one, that's the question :funny::funny::mooney2:

Yes unfortunately Steven but I went for Ashley Isles as they were cheaper than Sorby!!

ataylor
23-11-13, 15:05
I wish i had the cash to go there i bet its a turners dream when visiting the place.

Doug
23-11-13, 18:04
Just back from the show, lucky I went in the van :phew: :whistling::funny:

Just need to work out how to get all this stuff from the van into the workshop without anyone noticing :thinks:

Sorry Jim there`s not much left :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

yorkshireman
23-11-13, 18:27
Good on yer Doug. Were there many there mate

Jim
23-11-13, 18:30
Sorry Jim there`s not much left

I don't believe you Doug, there are no pictures ... :mooney2:

The war office is getting very excited about our visit tomorrow, she can't wait .... :whistling::whistling:

Doug
23-11-13, 18:44
Good on yer Doug. Were there many there mate

From the sounds of things it was a lot less hectic than yesterday, but still quite busy :banana::banana: on the down side it meant I could get to all the stalls & spent more than I should have :nooidea:

Doug
23-11-13, 18:47

The war office is getting very excited about our visit tomorrow, she can't wait .... :whistling::whistling:

I was too busy to take photos Jim, I have treated SWMBO to a large piece of Lime, she seemed pleased with it when I got home :thumbs::thumbs:

Buckeye
23-11-13, 20:00
I was too busy to take photos Jim, I have treated SWMBO to a large piece of Lime, she seemed pleased with it when I got home :thumbs::thumbs:

Did you get her a large piece of lemon and a large bottle of Vodka to go with the lime:wink:

Peter

yorkshireman
23-11-13, 20:40

You'll not get her off to sleep tonight Jim. It'll just be like the kids at christmas