• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Ash vase

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
The old man of Yorkshire I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about He kindly gave me a load of Ash logs and this is part of one it is still a bit wet so I have dished the bottom to allow for it to belly out it has had one good coat of oil which will hopefully will displace some of the water it is 8" x 6.5" at the widest point x 1/4"thick enjoy and thank you Mr plonker chairman sir
DSCF1835 (2).JPGDSCF1834 (2).JPG

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
That looks smashing mate :up:

Was the oil still wet when you took the photo? there looks like an oil mark on the surface it`s standing on in the first photo :bwink:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That is nice Woody. The Ash seems to have a nice grain to it. That is one of the little logs that I gave you so when are you going to start on the huge ones that I gave you!!!! LOL:whistling::whistling::whistling:

I was tempted Terry but the lathe will need bolting down first otherwise I will be chasing it around the garden LOL

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
That looks smashing mate :up:

Was the oil still wet when you took the photo? there looks like an oil mark on the surface it`s standing on in the first photo :bwink:

Yes Doug I had only just put it on but the oil ring on the paper is from the last vase I made

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Looks good.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).