• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Stress relief

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
After what seemed a long day at work I headed into the workshop as I wanted a bit of peace & quiet.

I couldn`t be bothered with much but decided to stick some oak off cuts between centers & as I love Christmas so much (& know you fellas do to) I thought I`d have a go at turning Xmas trees.

This one is for hanging on the tree. 3 1/2"

photo_zps1f5599bf.jpg

This one as an ornament. 3 1/2"

photo_zps33fa313e (1).jpg

& this one ain`t Oak 4"

photo_zps139ac270.jpg

Well there is only 6 weeks & 2 days to go :funny::funny:

Paul

Fellow
I like them. I thought I would have a go too as I need to practice with the skew chisel & co.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
UUURRRGGGGHHHHH Green nearly as bad as Pink init?
Actually it's nice work Doug, well done for an evenings work.
I am only jealous cos I have to work Christmas and that goes against the grain with me when I have always been used to a fortnight off.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
They are good, although the first one is my favourite, is the last one Laburnum? Where did you find green wood?

Peter

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
They are good, although the first one is my favourite, is the last one Laburnum? Where did you find green wood?

Peter

The last one is Zebrano Peter.
All my wood comes to me green..........but then I let it dry :bwink: the colours are just spirit stains.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I am surprised with it being zebrano, is that stained as well?

Peter

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
That ones just waxed with Carnauba & buffed.

Well, that is lovely, stunning and highly desirable, although I still prefer the first one, for shape.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).