• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

In stitches...

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi, guys,

In his recent post re making an "Ash Vase" from wet wood, the Lord Woody made reference to the possibility of it splitting, and if it did, to add stitches. I did this some while ago with a laburnum mushroom. It beats throwing the thing into the fire, right?

Size is 9" high X 4.5" wide.

Bob.

100_0239.JPG

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Ay up mate bloody well done and the colour of the lace matches the wood well on one side it dose LOL :love_it::love_it:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
LOL, Thanks, guys!

This would make a great present for any amount of people...rugby players, surgeons, dentists, etc, right? :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Bob.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I would say that it's a good thing that it split as it is something very special. I love it

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Sorry I can't look any more with thinking about a circumcision attempt with an axe.:sadmo:

Jim

Grand Master
Well done Bob, nice save ... Pity thou as the Mushroom looks well turned ... :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
It looks great, I wonder if a real contrasting lace, say Red, would enhance it.

Peter

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).