• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Here's two Sierra Stylus pens in acrylics...

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi guys,

Made these two earlier. They finished nicely, but like a lot of you, I'm not keen on that stylus thingy - I think it spoils the lines of a classic-looking pen. The blanks are PB026 & PB056, ex Timberbits.

Regards,

Bob.

Two Sierra Stylus in acrlics..JPG

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Two good 'uns Bob ...I have used the same blanks on Sierra kits too and I think Terry might change his mind if he saw them in the flesh .

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I like the orange with the gold draws your eye from the stylus bit so it isn`isn't as noticeable as with some I'veve seen, lovely job Bob :thumbs:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Well they look nicely turned and finished Bob.

Not sure about the colour on the first one though, difficult to tell but it looks as though you can just see the tube through the plastic as well. Did you paint the tubes before glueing in place?

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Thank you for your comments, guys - much appreciated!

Hi, Silver, Yes, quite right, you can see the brass. Fortunately it looks to be part of the design when you see it in the flesh (strewth, it's that flesh thing again!). Despite the amount of times I swear I'm gonna paint the tubes I only remember to do it once I've applied the glue!!! Must be an age thing - I must keep taking the cod liver oil!

Bob.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Two wonderfully turned pens Bob just the stylus thing looks all wrong mate but I'm sure some i pad nut will love em

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Nice job Bob, I'm not a fan of acrylic but you've made a good job of these.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).