• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Advice / ideas needed

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Right I got some 50 x 50 spindles in yew, laburnum, sycamore.

They are 400mm long, laburnum is 200mm.

I was going to have a bash at apples / pears but I've goofed, should've got 75mm square.

So, what can I do with these really nice bits of timber ?

:thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Start with Mushrooms till better advice comes along Phill, sorry that is all i can think of ... :thinks:

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Hmmm, not sure if I'm good enough for candlesticks, but it's worth a thought. Thanks.

Seems a shame to mushroom them, but I thought of that.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
A cup and ball, great fun to make and great fun to use. If you have any small off cuts then spinning tops.

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Egg cups, light pulls, Salt and pepper pots, lidded boxes, pen tidies, pen boxes, Letter knifes must be many more but I am out now.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).