• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Plums

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Thanks to Woody for sharing his plums with us all.

I got to thinking while I couldn't sleep :funny: how do you put the crease in your plums?

Sorry Doug, that has probably ruined another nights sleep.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I used a slit saw and a rasp file then sanded you could use a dremel with a cutting disk leave the plum on the lathe and run the dremel along the tool rest for support and make a shallow cut then file and sand each side away they only take a few min to do
What I did was make them all up put the slit saw in the chuck run the lathe and then just run each plum along the blade but H/S says you must not do that so dont do it
HSS Slitting Saws - Tooling for Milling Machines - Milling - Metal Working | Axminster.co.uk
Universal Slitting Saw Arbor - Tooling for Milling Machines - Milling - Metal Working | Axminster.co.uk

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Oh, please no... I'm only just getting over Eds big fat toe after dropping the drill on it, now you want woodys plumbs..:sob:

Sure they will turn out fine with a bit of woody tuition.. Give them a try, but don't forget h&s rules, they do still apply on here as well..

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Oi you lot leave my mate alone!!!
Woody has got lovely plums, If you ask him nicely he might show you his Onions too
He gets his nuts out at Christmas time so you might just be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of them if your quick enough.
Love you dad INIT?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Oi you lot leave my mate alone!!!
Woody has got lovely plums, If you ask him nicely he might show you his Onions too
He gets his nuts out at Christmas time so you might just be lucky enough to catch a glimpse of them if your quick enough.
Love you dad INIT?

Well said Brian see you lot just watch it :funny::funny::funny:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).