• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

WHat do you call an Irishman ...

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
... who's been dead for 5,000 years?

Pete.

Or peat, if you didn't get it first time.

Which brings me to today's pens: We don't call it peat if we want to sell it to penturners at eye-watering prices, we call it Bog Oak. Nasty, smelly, slimy stuff, but who knew before first time turning it? It's so soft that it chipped away when I removed it from the bushing - even after six or seven coats of CA. And you'll observe the sanding marks under the finish too ... 'Nuff said.

The others are a cigar XL in 'crushed ice' acrylic (gorgeous!), a Chairmans fountain in burr elm (lovely looking wood), a Ligero in Oak (findings look a little plasticky) and a fancy in beech (thanks Jim for the idea of grooving the upper barrel under the clip, that's the first thing everyone notices when they see this pen).

View attachment 112

View attachment 113

View attachment 114

View attachment 115

View attachment 116

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Great work JJ, especially the burr elm. For my money you can't beat a nice piece of natural grain

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Yes i agree with whats already been said above, the pictures are good quality also. The acrylic looks superb mate well done. :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).