• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Super

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Glue.......

It's something that we use allot of, but never seem to talk about it...

It got me thinking the other day when I ran out of the stuff..

I have used the gorilla superglue lately as I brought a load from a well known supermarket when they had it on offer, (every little helps.) :thumbs: i have always kept sealed tubes in the fridge and never had any problems. It was only when I went to my little store I had found out that I had run out.:sob:

Previous to that I used what was cheap at the time and did the job..

So it got me thinking, now I know that may be difficult for some of you to comprehend... :wink:

What make of superglue do you use and why?

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I use Poundland CA 4 bottles for £1.00 Have used it for over a year and no problems.

Peter

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Was using poundshop stuff very thin, same as you ran out and thought I'll give Screwfix a try, their No Nonsense (I think) brand is medium thick I'd say and does it's job, also got some Gorilla for a try while I was there, now that I do like and may stick with it. (pun intended)

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
I get mine from my local plastic soffit & facia suppliers, large bottles for a couple of quid.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
What ever I can get my hands on for stabilizing and titebond thick for sticking tubes in pen blanks or gorilla glue if I am doing a lot of pen blanks to turn whenever

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
I usually buy mine from Toolstation, but they don't do a really thin one for wicking down into cracks. So might try the Poundland stuff too ...

Same here ..need to find a local supplier for the thin stuff . I use the same place too for Araldite Rapid for my brass tubes £2.00 cheaper than Homebase etc.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
I found an Ebay site that sells Super Thin and Medium Super Glue check this link
Ladies Clothing, Children's clothing items in THE TRADING ANGELS store on eBay!
I did post it on the forum about 3 to 4 months ago. The site is a bit weird but the CA is cheap and comes in descent sized bottles and qtys.... so far they been excellent suppliers. I have an order in at the moment ....
Give it a try.:thumbs:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Your right Rowdy I have used them myself in the past very reliable and it is good stuff I gave a load of it away when I had to sell up sick or what thanks for the link I can get some more now

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Mine came from an upmarket Toy/Hobbies Store thickish stuff it goes on smooth as small bottle about 18 of our pesos will look up the brand tomorrow its lat late right now I used to keep every Super glue in a fridge dont anymore I found cold it needed time to warm to be effective gave away the small frig as well.

Kind vregards Peter.:thumbs:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I won't touch it apart from stabilising as I hate it so any cheap stuff available. I was using some last night to stabilise some spalted apple that Lord Woody gave me and went dizzy very quickly. Its 'orrible.

keith

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I know how you feel but didn't want to give up using it so bought a respirator. Now I don't have any dust or fume troubles. Normal dust masks aren't any good for fumes, you will need an organic mask as a minimum.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).