• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Yesterdays bowl disaster

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I made the mistake of bringing a wet bowl indoors and this is the outcome
DSCF1862 (2).JPG

So what do you do with a split bowl bin it I hear oh no says I a pat of paper towel over the chuck bring up the tail stock after you have found the centre and gently remove the damaged wood well as much as you dare LOL
DSCF1865 (2).JPGDSCF1864 (2).JPG
Here I am using one of my tools I made the other day to remove as mush wood as possible
DSCF1866 (2).JPG
There job done still a few miner cracks but I think we can get away with them one of them comes right through to the inside but it was fun rescuing it even if it has a few small but filled cracks only allowed to upload 5 photos so one to follew
DSCF1867 (2).JPG

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
DSCF1868 (2).JPG
Was it worth the bother I think so Violet wants it to put nuts in so come on whose dirty little mind will kick in first it may hold a few plums

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Nicely done, Woody! If I were Neil I might suggest that you didn't get it thin enough the first time if you could still take so much off - but fortunately I'm not Neil!

:devil::devil:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Nuts, plums and a foot, how many other body parts can this thread come up with or am I just talking bollock*:whistling:

Peter

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Looks like the splits radiate from the pith Woody, chances are it would have split eventually even without bringing it indoors :rant:

Jim

Grand Master
You done a great job saving that bowl from the bin Woody .. After it has had your nuts in it, it may wish it was in the bin ... :bwink:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Looks like the splits radiate from the pith Woody, chances are it would have split eventually even without bringing it indoors :rant:

Your probably right Doug all I hope is the vase from the other end of the log dont do the same LOL

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
You may have had some cracking in them bowls but i would take them off you they still look good.

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well rescued Woody. When I make stuff like that it always ends up in the bin.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).