• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hen Pecked

Jim

Grand Master
Well i could stay here all day but the War Office is making me go to the Harrogate Show, well guess i will have to get ready .... :goesred:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Watch her Jim. You know what she's like at a toolshow and a pocket full of money. I saw her in action at Axminster, frightening what she forced you to buy.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Put your foot down Jim, don't let her take advantage of you:rolling:

Peter

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Chin up Jim, take it like a true tough Northerner.
Not like me mate I am the boss in my shed, (till the wife finds out I said that init?)

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Its sure is a hard job giving in to her every whim but just buy some her some nice stuff to keep her on side... a new saw, lathe etc... that should do it.

Jim

Grand Master
What a long day, she bought all sorts of turning items while i tagged along, the only thing that surprised me was when she said, now lets get the f**k out of here ... :ciggrin:

I guess it was because she had done three rounds of the whole hall and got a little tired carrying all the bags ... :thinks:

Jim

Grand Master
Come on then Jim Spill the beans, what you been buying???

Here we go Doug ... :wink:

woodturning_goodies.jpg

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Jim, what is that below the centering vice? Also, what is that with blue tape on it?

Peter

Jim

Grand Master
Jim, what is that below the centering vice? Also, what is that with blue tape on it?

Peter

See the above post regarding the Sue Harker item Peter, the tools with the blue tape on is for scraping glue off the the segmenting parts .. I saw them on a stall and bought them for this reason ... :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Ah, I should have recognised the wheel, my very first demo at the club was Dennis Keeling doing an open segmented bowl. I can't remember a special tool for the glue though, you rich people probably don't even use newspaper anymore:winking:

Can't wait to see your open segmented creations.

Peter

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Well she certainly is a lucky lady Jim. You've given me all sorts of ideas for my wifes Christmas present

Jim

Grand Master
I'm a bit surprised at the pen blank centering vice Jim as you prefer to do it on the lathe!!!!
Now that you have the segmented disc when are you going to do some bowls ????? LOL:face:

To many questions in one post for me to answer Terry ... :ciggrin:

Things are a changing my friend ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).