• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Three Stylii

Mr Finch

First Name
Coll
Just to prove that I am actually doing something productive, these are three stylii that I glued up yesterday and then turned this morning before being hauled out of the workshop by a bored wife.

Top to bottom: Yew, Walnut, Bog Oak.

All three are kits from fun-e-turnz on ebay. All three sold within a few minutes of posting the photo on Facebook (and it's a crap photo!) and I am told there's a repeat order for half a dozen more coming in from one buyer!

I also turned a goblet for a friend but haven't been happy with the photos I did take so will not post them yet. Need to set up my "studio" and take some decent photos. :)

stylii2.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
To be honest i didn't think they were oversized, i just thought they were a good shape and well turned ... :thumbs:

Good to hear you had quick sales to, makes our hobby well worth it ... :winking:

Mr Finch

First Name
Coll
I had a couple of comments that they were larger than others I had turned (from SWMBO). I had been matching the wood to the size of the metal parts at the end, but was asked if I could make a couple that were slightly larger for easier grip or podgy fingers. These still aren't huge but are larger than my original ones. :love_it:

These are fast becoming my best seller, probably due to the price... :thumbs:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Three stubby useful turnings and the proof of acceptance wasthe instant sales c/w orders for more where it counts in the till.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Very nice mate. I looked a few times at the photo before reading your second post, and I wondered if the oversize was on purpose because it looked so 'right'. Excellent!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).