• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Shaving kit blanks sources ?

PhillH

Little Grandad
Registered
First Name
Phill
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good source for shaving kit blanks ?

Looked at FromTheWood and unfortunately he seems to be out of sets, so any ideas for sources would be great.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Phil, you need a chunk of wood about 35mm x 45mm for the brush handle, and most of a pen blank for the razor handle. The trick is the stand foot, it's about 75 mm diameter although doesn't need to be very deep. You should get everything you need from 3x3 spindle, or you could glue some bits together for the foot and use a 2x2 spindle. It's my suspicion that you'll save quite a bit of money buying a spindle than shopping for specific blanks.

My tuppence ...

lignaterrae

Phil,
As well as supplying pen blanks (see my list under Buy and Sell), many of the species I have are available in larger sizes - I usually cut pen blanks from bigger block or board. Have a look at what species you fancy and I can tell you if I have thicker/wider sizes.
Dave

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).