• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Cake box Light box Update

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
As Incognitouk suggested I plonked a lid on the box covered on the inside with kitchen foil. I then stuck the camera.... hand held.... in the box and fired off this time using the flash. Below are some results which I think are an improvement on yesterdays efforts.

Attachments

• P1050309.JPG
    P1050309.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 34
  • P1050303-1.JPG
    P1050303-1.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 35
  • P1050308.JPG
    P1050308.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 34

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I think that is a lot better than some of the photos we see on here like mine well done Ed

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Ed, If you think about it you can acheive this on your kitchen table the purpose is or needs absolute repeatability, some strength and ability to shift lighting around mind you what do I know still learning every day?

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Incognitouk

i remember some time ago i was trying to do some macro work with a point and shoot and needed the flash for extra light but it was whiting out part of the shot so i made a little bounce box that bounced the light sideways away from the object still lighting the object but not getting that white out flash problem please see attached photo, this basically bounces the light away from the subject you are photographing, oh there are whole white papers on how to use light in photography etc

bounce box.jpg

you can get similar effects by diffusing the flash something as simple as a single piece of toilet paper over the flash can be enuff to make all the difference, softening the light enuff to make the image "pop"

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I saw this somewhere while reading in the past, kept the picture cos I thought i might try it one day soon init?
Cheap enough, simply cut from the side of a milk container. Pop on Pop off init?
8bf9da53b08dc592939c09b02626d02c.jpg
Top Tip:::
Don't be a Plonker, empty the container first, milk goes smelly sour when spilt from a container init?

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Proves to me the other ways of skinning a cat can be both economic and sensible to acheive soft focus this seems tops for me. My Dad in so called retirement owned a milk run here when it was bulk milk in cans and you dispensed it into what we called billies some of them seldom washed very bracing taking the lids off. We used to have to steam clean the van tray all the utensils and wash the Morris J Van continually. I must confess in all my career this simple idea of yours my friend well seen and shared.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).