• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

First Corian Pen

Firefrode

Hi
I was given a couple of offcuts of corian and this is my first pen attempt.
I found it quite pleasant to turn and was careful when drilling so as not to overheat.
Finished with wet & dry 2400 with T cut (it was all I had)

I now have some more pieces so will try other configurations

Thanks for looking

Fred

Attachments

• corianpen.jpg
    corianpen.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 35

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done Fred that is one mighty fine pen bloody well done you the only thing I would change is your back ground white is best it shows the pen off better

Jim

Grand Master
That is a very nice pen Fred, i also like to work with Corian, it really does make some very nice pens especially when segmented ... :wink:

Is there anywhere that I can get pointers on photo presentation?

There are some good pointers on this already in the forum Fred, try the search system using Photography or similar, sorry i don't have the links for you ... :goesred:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Woody has already spoken my exact words. please refer to his comments for my views.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Nice one Jim, although I'm not a lover of Corian .....had a bad experience with some the other week and gave all that I had left to one of the members on here

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Why is it so loooooooong and thiiiiiiiiiiiin? Any photo geniuses about to sort this one for us?

Might be an optical illusion David due to Jim's background that he used. 'You are going to sleep' said slowly ,deeply and meaningful .

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Corian is quite demanding on getting the hole just right but is quite gratifying if you get it right making easy to create a good looking pen. And you've done just that.

But its not wood.:funny:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
Nice one Fred.

Turn the pen sideways when taking the photo (will get rid of the long & thin illusion), on a plain background looks less distracting but nowt wrong with having a background as long as it don't compete with the pen, hope this helps

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Fred,

Regard Corian as quite an adventure I believe you have chosen well with that particular pattern on it. An experiment for you I believe there is a certain magic in white Corian using your same design without saing anything hand over a pen in white even more waist shaped do not comment the average woman I have observed almost caress the pen (by the way).

Pics of pens IMHO on this site are easier to reduce on a rest one end as a horizontal, I use a program that makes it easy as to reduce to suit the forum it is free from Google and is called Picassa 3 makes a great album as well.

Experiment with backgrounds and positions go for a simple open box strong enough to support an overhead light easily put away, set up, create an endless background try white and curve not fold from the flat section I use tape to hold it up at the back, or as Ed says confused? you soon will be. If it helps look up my posts where I describe such a system probably more than once.

Like your pen you made it well looks great.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Firefrode

Thanks for the comments

Hi All

Thanks for all the comments and I take them all on board.
I find this forum an exciting place to learn from those who already have the skills and experience.

Regards

Fred

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).