• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Resuming an old passion

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
When Ilya and me went to Jims place early this month he Jim in his spray booth kitchen space had a flowering Saracena Carnivorous Plat in full bloom flooding my memories of years ago when I kept these plants. These are the beginnings of my new collection.

I have a huge trestle in aluminium of builder quality I bought second hand (my front hedge is 15 feet plus high) the rungs are staggered heights and too far between for me to scale with ease any more so I fitted an even level rung opposite the second one up and from a long ago purchase at a garage sale fitted substantial truck tray aluminium the exact length as a platform, bolted it altogether and voila new plant stand.

Really like the veinous cathedral stained glass windows the plants grow and the changes in growth patterns between plants.

There are no fowering stalks on these this yr maybe next yr.

A man and his passions.

Temporary Insanity.... buy two plants and come back tomorrow.

Kind regards Peter.:rolling:

Attachments

• DSCF0004.JPG
    DSCF0004.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF0002.JPG
    DSCF0002.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 28

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Carnivorous plants ..a fascinating subject Peter. My shed in a past life was an alpine house which gave me years of pleasure and took me to places like the Dolomites looking for specimen seeds to collect and grow.
BP03towh.jpg

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Glad I am not alone I had 400 African Violets in troughs with 20 four foot fluros for quite a few years could not understand why everyone did not have a collection, my blank area was shelved out for thirty fish aquariums ended up keeping Discus tropical fish also got right into fish for forty or firty years we have a pond of goldfish near the workshop door and these plants the pics of above are located next to the door on the other side so a few times a day twice to feed the goldfish and a few times in out the workshop I get to see my new collection as well kind of makes my day takes away a few aches and pains I find. Thanks for sharing mate.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Glad I am not alone I had 400 African Violets in troughs with 20 four foot fluros for quite a few years could not understand why everyone did not have a collection, my blank area was shelved out for thirty fish aquariums ended up keeping Discus tropical fish also got right into fish for forty or firty years we have a pond of goldfish near the workshop door and these plants the pics of above are located next to the door on the other side so a few times a day twice to feed the goldfish and a few times in out the workshop I get to see my new collection as well kind of makes my day takes away a few aches and pains I find. Thanks for sharing mate.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Stright up Peter .Before the shed was an Alpine house I used it to breed Chiclids mainly Malawi and some Tanganyikan too. we must be two of a kind !

I) Fish House c1994, 2) Alpine House c2003, 3) My Shed 2013IMGP0075-1.JPGIMGP0256-1.JPGP1050165.JPG

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).