• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Corian No 2

Firefrode

Hi

Taking into account the last comments I have tried a second corian pen.
I have changed the shape giving it a fuller body and tried to photograph it
with the ideas gleaned from last posting.

The corian piece it is lying on may be the next try.

Regards

Fred

Attachments

• corian2.jpg
    corian2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 29

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Lovely job with a good choice of contrasting kit... background for the pic should be a darker colour though (in my opinion).

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Very nice Fred the pen looks to be very well turned and finished well done the photo looks to be a bit over exposed not that I'm any good with a camera

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Stepping up we can see your pen more clearly now and also see you centre the holes in the blanks quite well also, there is not much fudging room in a 1/2 inch square is there.

I like the progression.

Kind regards Peter.:goesred:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Fred that is loads better and I disagree with the darker background, to my mind there should be no background or at least as little as possible.
The only people who show a background are those who have something to hide.
Honest opinions from an honest shot is my mind, I am sure there are people who will argue this point but let them put the item up to be compared .
All pen no props is the way I see it, Ok so I am wrong but I have a load to drink and a ruby to follow init?

Attachments

• corian2 (Custom).jpg
    corian2 (Custom).jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 21

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Great effort Fred :thumbs::thumbs:

Corian is a bugger to photograph, I did some years ago & never really got a good image :goesred:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
A darker background would make the pen stand out better, white on white isn't such a good combination.... not to hide anything but to show it off :thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Nothing wrong with that Fred .. Corian does look good on a pen ... :wink:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).