• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Hello From South Africa

paulbloggs

Apprentice Member
My name is Paul and I live in Johannesburg South Africa.
I have recently bought a Jet 1220 Lathe with some money that the nice taxman returned to me. I have mad a few Christmas decorations and a couple of (quite good according to me) pens. Hope to make some bowls too. And clocks.

I was attracted to the download section but am unable to download any plans. Is there a trick to that?

Regards

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
Welcome to the forum matey....
I'm sure Jim will be along soon to sort out your teething problems... :thumbs:

trapper

Registered
Hi Paul welcome sounds like your a man after my own heart im in the process of making a 5gear clock at the moment But trying to get some planning approval to build a decent size workshop so thats where my current efforts are.

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome Paul, the site now runs on a ranking system, to gain access to the downloads i believe you need to make 2 posts... :thumbs:

Once you reach this it may take up to an hour for the system to update the rankings ... :goesred:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Dumela Paul! I'm amazed the taxman gave you some money back - isn't it all being sent to Nkandla at the moment? :funny:

Welcome to the forum - looking forward to seeing your pens.

David (ex-Durbanite)

paulbloggs

Apprentice Member
Thanks for all the greetings.

Woohoo - post number 2.

Trapper - no, no, no. I am not planning on making wooden clocks with gears and all - merely the frame/surrounding for the electronic mechanisms.
Jimjam - I got the money back BEFORE Nkandla!! I think I had to pay in last time.

My pens are pretty ordinary - slimline ball pens. I just like the different woods - african rosewood my favourite at the moment. Or some kameeldoring fire wood that looked too good to burn - acacia i think.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).