• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Christmas fair

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
so, Paula & I have just come back from the ol fogies home Christmas fair,

2 hours = £200

Not bad for an afternoons work.
& not a lot of people through the door either but surprisingly the touchscreen stylus things sold the most, stocking fillers for kids & grandkids, just ordered some more for the next one. The roman harvest pen in aluminium I made not so long ago also went to one old gent & various other bits n pieces.

Lots of the people in these homes aren't able to go out Christmas shopping anymore & talk about friendly & chatty.
Food for thought gents, a captive audience looking for gifts at this time of year.

Oh, & this is my 1000th post, does that make me a leg end too ???

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Well that good i made 221 and made a sale of a order which i am sorting out and a another that is going to ring me this week :thumbs:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
First Name
Steven
makes all those cold nights in the shed worth it don't it Alex.
Especially when some one goes out in their car to find a cash machine to buy some of your stuff, lady in her wheelchair wanted a guardian pen but didn't have any money so sent her hubby out with orders to 'be quick' before someone else buys it :winking: he came back with enough for the pen and the biggest ash bowl with black rim that was on the stall (the one similar to yours Woody) amazing feeling.

Jim

Grand Master
£200 is very nice Steven, and like you say the cold nights really do make it worthwhile ... Congrats on the 1K posts also my friend and a big thanks for your contribution to the site ... :thumbs:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Super stuff, the drinks are on you when we have the penturners Christmas Meal.:thinks:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Well done Steven........Brilliant feeling when strangers appreciate your hard work and skill by backing it with hard cash.:thumbs:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
First Name
Steven
Got the village open doors on Friday (6th) night where all the shops stay open late (all 5 or 6 of them lol) & a number of the local crafts people get a table each in one of the community halls to sell their wares.
1st yr wasn't too good but last year was better, if we get the same this year I'll be a happy bunny, I should have a decent amount to buy some more tools / wood or even another workshop to add on to the one I've got.

That'll be me for the year then, I only do these 2 / 3 local fairs & word of mouth, keeps the hobby fun for me & don't have the pressure of having to sell. That's what it's all about innit, having fun.

Now, gotta hide my ill gotten gains before Paula spends it on frippery like food, clothing, food & the like!!! wimmin :whistling::whistling:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Well done Steven and young Paula sitting at the back taking charge hope your well my darling no not you Steven that looks to be a grand stall full of goodys no wonder your selling well mate it couldn't happen to two nicer people God bless you both

Jim

Grand Master
That is a nice display Steven, good to see like me you have your own security travelling with you ... :thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).