• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Charly Cheeky Chops

Charly Cheeky Chops

Apprentice Member
Hi everybody.
My name is Charlotte i am 14 years old and live Nr Bedford England.
My Hobbies are reading (i take a book everywhere with me always), Learning to crochet and knit, and I love making cakes and baking bread with Nanny Drain.
My brother Liam inherited Uncle Georges lathe and tools which we have in our garage and i had been watching him try to make things but he is such a dweeb and lost interest.
So I am going to take over and Grumps has been showing me what to do.
This is my first ever pen, its a Xmas present for my oldest brother who now lives in New Zealand.
Back to work on another, "coming Grumps".

P1070843 (Custom).JPG

MikeD

Registered
Hi Charlotte,
Welcome to the forum, we could certainly do with some younger members to reduce the average age of the members.
I am sure you will be producing first class turnings despite the advice you get from Grumps :funny:

For some reason I couldn't open the attachment to see your pen - maybe ask Grumps - he's supposed to know something about computers :whistling:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Welcome Charlotte, so are you on a mission to prove that girls are better than boys?:thinks:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I think it is the new spam filters we have on the forums, a few more posts before she can show off.
I'll post em on for her later on we are so busy at the moment lol.

Charly Cheeky Chops

Apprentice Member
Ok a bit more about me so I can put my pictures on.
I have been training in gymnastics which I do excell at, my ambition is to be an Olympic champion with the prospect of become a PE teacher for my chosen career.
I have a presentation later today to collect my awards for this years achievements.
So far I have 9 Gold and 7 Silver medals with 4 cups in my trophy cabinet that Grumps made for me.
More later Nanny Drain wants me to pour the tea out now seeya.

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
Welcome to the forum Charly. Thats not a bad mentor you have watching over you.

keith

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Hi CCC

Welcome to the mainly old fogies forum...please give Grumps a kick on the shin from me.:thumbs:

Jim

Grand Master
Welcome Charlotte, you seem to be doing well in athletics ... :thumbs: keep up the good work with turning and i am sure that Grumps will soon be learning from you ... :wink:

Charly Cheeky Chops

Apprentice Member
Hi Paul I don't need to prove girls are better than boys, everybody knows that already. :ave_it:
Ed Kicked Grumps twice for you, I can't repeat on here what he said. :sob:
Bellringer have knocked you off your throne? Sorry but granddad was on here showing me some of the members work and I insisted on joining.
I wonder if my pic will go on yet? Second attempt, this is a black circuit board pen for my brother in New Zealand, I have made a green one for my dad pic to follow later
P1070843 (Custom).JPG

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Welcome to the forum Charly Cheeky Chops.

Just pull up a chair, Participate and enjoy the banter........
It sounds like you have a good mentor or is it 'mental' watching over you.
Well done, thats brilliant for the first pen.
Do you know what Grump's favorite colour is?

Pink Plastic...... :funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hello, Charly,

Lovely to have you with us - welcome! Your first pen looks really good. In fact, if they get any better you'll soon be earning gold medals for them, too:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Bob.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Hi & welcome Charly :waver:

What a lovely pen, you must have a good teacher albeit a Grumpy one :funny:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Welcome Charlotte, be nice to Grump. You may be old and decrepit yourself one day!

Lovely pen and I m looking forward to seeing more! Oh, and don't worry about Alex, we'll give some warm milk and put him to bed early tonight ...

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Welcome to the forum, Charly, I am surprised your first pen, under tuition, wasn't Pink, perhaps your mentor is saving it for himself:whistling:

Peter

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Welcome Charlotte, be nice to Grump. You may be old and decrepit yourself one day!

Lovely pen and I m looking forward to seeing more! Oh, and don't worry about Alex, we'll give some warm milk and put him to bed early tonight ...

don't worry i will just go to bed early as i am so tired

Charly Cheeky Chops

Apprentice Member
Thank you to all of you.
I have had the best welcome in here today, this site is soooooo Kewel.
We have come indoors now for for Nanny Drains fresh baked bread and some tea and cake.
I love being a teenager with such kewel grandaparents they are my favourite people.
I am lucky to have two Nannies and two Granddads most of my friends only have one and some have mums and dads the same age.
I have had the best day ever with grumps and meeting you all, my doombrain brother don't know what he is missing.
Grumps has given me the best tutorial all day on the lathe and I have taught him how to wear his safety glasses, boots and mask so we both learned something.
I have the confidence to practice on my lathe now and wow what am i going to make?
A huge thank you to George for leaving his lathe and tools to my lame brother, I will enjoy using them more than he did.

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Hi again, Charly,

Well, I think you're pretty kewel, too. Now get on that lathe and make us some mushrooms - you can use freedom of expression with those and won't be constrained to the strict guidelines you must follow when turning pens!

Bob.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).