• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

table saws

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
What is the quietest portable site table saw out there need and dont say one thats not switched on .

Walter

Fellow
First Name
Walter
You have answered your own question really. A saw with an induction motor will be quieter than one with a brush motor. Most decent quality saws nowadays do have an induction motor.

But there is no such thing as a quiet table saw or site saw because 90% of the noise comes from the blade cutting the wood.

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Walter I meant while it idles waiting to cut my one is so loud i just thought other members could recommend a brand or model .

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I have a feeling this question was asked recently about a bench saw or sumfink same fing init.
I remember telling about about my homemade one with a washing machine motor, might be worth doing a search of quietest init?

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Grumps has a bike for sale ...only slightly battered :funny::funny::funny:
No way Pedro I love my bike init?
Its the best ride I get these days.
And what with packing my job in I will need sumfink to go shopping wiv.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
All saw come from the same place nowadays I have used the Axminster, Maketa, Record and the Fox and to be honest there wasn't any difference between the noise level on all of them quality wise I would personally rate them in this order Fox, Maketa, axminster then Record but there is also the question of consistency of quality which most brands seem to lack but I would avoid brands like Clark and Draper and any such brand
I would recommend whatever saw you get buy a good quality saw blade and throw the one that is fitted away

Jim

Grand Master
I used to have a Metabo 250 Frankie, a good saw at the time but it was really noisy, as said by Walter i doubt there is a quiet one as the main noise comes from cutting the timber ... :nooidea:

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Jim my one is really loud But im sure the newer ones are quieter.

If you have an old one then it will have a brush motor which is a lot noisier than the new induction motors also induction motor saws have a slower soft start that isn't as violent as a brush motor machine

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
If you want a really good quiet quality saw then take Felder range but they will cost you

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
If you want a really good quiet quality saw then take Felder range but they will cost you

& you`ll need 3 phase though you could go for Hammer they`re available single phase. :nooidea:

Why has it got to be portable?

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Doug i sometimes do jobs where i need a saw.but i suppose i could keep the old one for those jobs.

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).