• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Are we there yet

Jim

Grand Master
I gather the postal department in Australia are busy, i am expecting a package from TB which seems to be taking a tad longer than normal ... :rant:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I think the delay is our end, I have just had one from TB and it was quite a few weeks longer than any other from TB. I am still waiting after a week for several domestic deliveries that normally take a few days at most. I suppose I should be happy to receive them at all, but it rankles when postal charges are at an all time high and service seems to be at an all time low.

Peter

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Just got my order from Timberbits 2 days ago, that took a total of 14 days to get here.
All postal companies must be ramping up for the Christmas rush.:bwink:

Last edited:

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Err, I don't want to scare anybody but the TB site is down at the moment. Probably a glitch...:whistling:

Their facebook page is still working, so probably just a glitch with the website as you say.

As for orders I`ve got one that should be hear in a couple of days, I`ll keep you posted.

bluntchisel

Registered
First Name
Bob
Yeah, now I'm scared, too! It's 13.56 and site still down! If Timberbits goes that's the end of my pen-turning, methinks!

Bob.

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Yeah, now I'm scared, too! It's 13.56 and site still down! If Timberbits goes that's the end of my pen-turning, methinks!

Bob.

He sent all his kit out to the wrong places Bob we know who has his labels, what else has gone wrong.
I wouldn't worry I am sure he does too much business to shut down unless he has been shut down.
he has upset a few people aswell as pleasing a lot of people init?
Or maybe he banks with RBS and they ain't paid his IP bill.
We could always club together and go direct to Dayacom init?

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
I have just been on Daves facebook Timber bits and this is what he has put on there

We are at the start of long process to make the Timberbits website even better.

As part of that, we are changing website providers, so please be patient with the website. We are doing everything we can to try to make it a smooth transition.

If your experiencing issues with the website, give us 24 to 48 to get the name servers refreshed and things should go back to normal.

If you are desperate to get some stuff out on Friday, give us a call on 02 9788 3383 and we can get it organised for you.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I have just been on Daves facebook Timber bits and this is what he has put on there

Woody that was 21st November. I think David made a bit of a mistake doing this on the run up to Xmas.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
In Australia the Ford motor company runs on JIT ie just in time policy with its manufacturing business so that their stock holding of parts etc is minimal, they save on warehousing capital outlay.

To all members of this forum who seem to have all the advice how Timberbits should and does run his site and stock consider he is thousands of km,s from you dependant on two vagaries freight from here and delivery there perhaps changing from JIT purchases those who choose and can order on a regular basis particular pen kits etc in excess of present needs creating a surplus that would take up special needs immediately then members would receive a new appreciation for the excellent services David provides together with prices to remember. He too can S P E L L and R E A D S this forum. So often I read members accept orders when they do not have the kit or blank needed and the panic that ensues. Remember the criticism leveled at firms can bite you on the bum you may as well vent directly to the persons than broadcast strong feelings forever recorded on the air waves.

I have no axe to grind here only concern for everyone continually I restate any deal honestly conducted should be in the interests of both us and them. One swallow doth not a summer make rings true. Friendships are built on trust which only comes with time and fidelity.

I continue to trust there is a place for all of us on the forum as we respect others.

Kind regards Peter.:thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
Yeah, lots of big companies use JIT and use it successfully, I don't know why you would mention that David can spell and reads this forum, I can't see that anyone has slagged off his spelling. When he reads this forum, he will see that he is well regarded by those of us that use him. I have no doubt that David gives the best service, prices and followup if there is a problem than almost any company I have dealt with. If people take orders for kits they don't have in stock, more fool them that is not David's fault in anyway shape or form.

Peter

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Violet and I have dealt with David for a quite few years now and have complete trust in him and his products always have and always will never once has he let me down only once did he make a mistake with an order a quick email and it was sorted no problem

Jim

Grand Master
Yeah, lots of big companies use JIT and use it successfully, I don't know why you would mention that David can spell and reads this forum, I can't see that anyone has slagged off his spelling. When he reads this forum, he will see that he is well regarded by those of us that use him. I have no doubt that David gives the best service, prices and followup if there is a problem than almost any company I have dealt with. If people take orders for kits they don't have in stock, more fool them that is not David's fault in anyway shape or form.

Peter

Exactly what Peter says, plus David is the first person that we tell new members about when they come here asking about kits etc .. There are quite a number in here who use David and i can't recall any bad word against him or his company .. He is well respected and appreciated by this forum for sure ... :thumbs:

bellringer

The Young one
Registered
First Name
Alex
Exactly what Peter says, plus David is the first person that we tell new members about when they come here asking about kits etc .. There are quite a number in here who use David and i can't recall any bad word against him or his company .. He is well respected and appreciated by this forum for sure ... :thumbs:

when ever i have a problem he sort it as quick as he can i have better service from him then some uk company's

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).