• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Last Christmas fair done

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
So, we had the open doors event in the village last night.
Bear in mind we live in a small countryside village with one row of shops (mostly fast food) & a couple of pubs.
The 'high street' gets cordoned off and stalls put everywhere.
We did really well and made another couple of hundred quid, not too shabby.
But, didn't sell 1 pen & only 1 stylus sold, so different to last weeks old fogies home fair.
All the bowls I made recently and all but one clock went.
We put the big sycamore bowl at the front of the stall and everyone just had to touch it, which was great, the ploy to get them looking at the stall worked. Even the gazzunder went & again the comments about the stuff on the stall were especially encouraging and makes all the time in the shed worthwhile.
The only down side was we were surrounded by tombolas for guides & brownies etc & it was astounding how many people would go and spend £5 & £10 on tickets for the chance to win tat!! but hey ho, each to their own.
Been in this village for 17 yrs now & even managed to meet & speak to some neighbours I've never seen before lol.

So all in all, 2 Christmas fairs done in the same week, 4 1/2 hrs work selling & £400 in my pocket, that will do nicely. Got the money to buy a Roly Munroe from my birthday & the rest??, haven't decided yet, either an extension to the workshop & some bags of blanks or a planer / thicknesser. It's a hard life aint it.

Attachments

• camera_1_2018-03-03_14-41-24.jpg
    camera_1_2018-03-03_14-41-24.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 3

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Very well done Steven, sounds like a good night.

Did you put a disclaimer with the guzzunder? :bwink:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
That's brill Steven well done with the bowls. Food for thought about the pens not going though.:thinks:

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
Excellent Steven, if you are struggling to spend the wedge then send it my way I will up have no problems spending it....:wink:

Life just won't be as tough for you then..:tongue:

Jim

Grand Master
Top class Steven, what ever you decide to buy from the takings will always be a reminder to the work and effort put in to get it ... Very pleased for you my friend ... :thumbs:

stevenw1963

Bodger supreme
Fellow
South Lanarkshire - Another tyke in exile
First Name
Steven
That's brill Steven well done with the bowls. Food for thought about the pens not going though.:thinks:

Ed,

Think we sold more pens last year tho, so swings & roundabouts.
Glad I had the bowls & clocks tho.
Surprisingly, I had 3 sets of cufflinks on the table too & none of them went either, ideal Christmas gifts too, even bought boxes for them lol.

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Steven,

A great success story mate glad you enjoyed the reward from your good labour and results good for you.

Kind regards Peter and merry xmas indeed.:goesred:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).