• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Is turning for old men

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I am 50 and in my younger years i never gave turning a thought, i have only been doing tis now for about 16 months on and off. I really enjoy a bit of turning but why did i wait until late in life to start, how old was you when you started to turn regular. :thinks:

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
You're only as old as the woman you feel, mate! :devil:

Seriously, I didn't have the money for all these expensive toys when I was younger. So I think age and disposable income are directly related. Matty must be the exception to that rule ...:funny:

yorkshireman

Wood Rat
Executive Member
First Name
Keith
I tend to agree with jimjam. Its a case of having some disposable income. I'm 59 and only started turning a few months ago when I had a bit of spare cash to buy a lathe.

keith

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
I tend to agree with jimjam. Its a case of having some disposable income. I'm 59 and only started turning a few months ago when I had a bit of spare cash to buy a lathe.

keith

But would you still have bought a lathe if you had spare cash when you were 30? I wouldn't have for sure. :nooidea:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
But would you still have bought a lathe if you had spare cash when you were 30? I wouldn't have for sure. :nooidea:

i got a Black and Decker jigsaw and workmate for my tenth birthday........... so probably :whistling:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).