• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Box

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
After gluing up a few pen blanks this evening I thought i`d try an idea I saw recently for using up off cuts of acrylic.
This is a slightly spalted Beech box finished with carnauba wax.

photo1_zpsdb02505d.jpg

photo2_zps657ce2e0.jpg

photo3_zpsa5257328.jpg

Jim

Grand Master
Love it Doug, i like how you come up with these little off the cuff titbits, and how they always look as thou they have been well planed out .. Cheers my friend ... :thumbs:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Very nice Doug and useful too.
Which reminds me I'll have to make myself a begging bowl for when I finish my notice, still no sign of a job.

Doug

Loquacious
Executive Member
First Name
Take a guess
Cheers chaps, :thumbs:

As one door closes another opens Brian, or at least that`s always been my experience, best of luck with the job search.

i like how you come up with these little off the cuff titbits, and how they always look as thou they have been well planed out ..

:roflmao::roflmao: I have a workshop full of off cuts mate the hard bit is comimg up with ideas to use them up :thinks::nooidea:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Super stuff Doug. That would sit well in anyone's house. Whilst I like wood, sometimes it needs a bit of enhancing and you have certainly done that. Now I'm wondering how to put this into pens...... :thumbs:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
I think it looks great. It can be so nice when other things are incorporated into turnings.:thumbs:

Peter

Charly Cheeky Chops

Apprentice Member
Doug you are soo clever but that's not a box, it's a round.
Everyone knows boxes are square, that's why vans are square so boxes fit inside.
It's still nice though I could put my jewellery in one of those, Hmmm who was talking about inspiration?

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Doug, love it, excellent bit of turning and the finish is ace...:thumbs:
Excellent way to use up the offcuts and the casting mistakes:thinks: and I have a few...

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).