• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

nicknames

turnaround360

Caracktycus Pots
Fellow
First Name
Frank
Where did you get your nickname mine comes from wood turning and my job
20131207_231037.jpg
360 driver hence turmaround360 .

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I used to be known as the Tadlow Turner and still am in some places from when I had a workshop in Tadlow.
I was apprentice Grumpy git to the master Rod (sadly missed) and changed it to what my grandchildren call me.
Their mum insisted the kids call us grandma and grandpa but Charlotte couldn't say it, she said gruma & grumpa and it stuck.

rowdyyates115

It's Showtime.....
Registered
Mine 'ROWDY' is a nickname I was first tagged with in the Navy.
It comes from the days when they used to screen a western called 'Rawhide' on the TV, the cowboy on the trail was played by Clint Eastwood, the characters name was 'Rowdy Yates' hence the nickname.
Since then nearly everyone calls me Rowdy, even my family except my mum. But thats Mum's ain'it....

silver

General dogsbody
Executive Member
First Name
Eamonn.
And mine is not because I'm silver haired, before anyone asks,,,,,

Woody has actually seen me, believe it or not..... :bwink:

Mine is an old CB handle.... Shortened from silverfish....my other half is gold... The rest is history..:winking:

But one thing for certain, we have made two excellent jewels between us..:banana:

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Mine 'ROWDY' is a nickname I was first tagged with in the Navy.
It comes from the days when they used to screen a western called 'Rawhide' on the TV, the cowboy on the trail was played by Clint Eastwood, the characters name was 'Rowdy Yates' hence the nickname.
Since then nearly everyone calls me Rowdy, even my family except my mum. But thats Mum's ain'it....

Yeah ROWDY !! and you never picked up on a response I gave to one of your posts in my early days on here ..RAMROD !!:tongue::tongue:

jttheclockman

I scrollsaw alot and I make a large amount of different clocks. I started doing the craft show circuit some 25 plus years ago. Many of my customers refered to me to as the Clockman. I would constantly hear, hey there is the clockman. Hence I put my initials in front and the rest is history. JTTHECLOCKMAN.

Woody

Registered
First Name
no
Mine originally started many moons ago as woodyturner for obvious reasons and a few years back when we had our first forum gathering Brian (Grump) for some reason started calling me Lord Woody and from that day it stuck see Brian its all your fault LOL :kiss:

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
I scrollsaw alot and I make a large amount of different clocks. I started doing the craft show circuit some 25 plus years ago. Many of my customers refered to me to as the Clockman. I would constantly hear, hey there is the clockman. Hence I put my initials in front and the rest is history. JTTHECLOCKMAN.

Do you have any photos?

nimrod

Graduate Member
First Name
Robin
My nickname for years until I moved North was Wally not in its modern meaning but because someone thought I looked like Wally the washing machine man from a television advert from years ago, think it was in B & W. When I go back to Plymouth I still get called Wally
Robin

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Mine started many moons ago when some weirdo in a frock dipped my head in a butt of water and said "I name you Ed Lea" it seems to have stuck .:fart:

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
Mine started many moons ago when some weirdo in a frock dipped my head in a butt of water and said "I name you Ed Lea" it seems to have stuck .:fart:

John the Baptist init?

Mine stems from the fact that I could walk to the moon easier than I can sharpen my chisels!!

How well I remember that argument, All good fun init?
Good ol Bobby bluntchisel :frenchkiss:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).