• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Small Workshop Vacuum from Lidl

johnny5

Registered
Hi just bought an Parkside Ash Vacuum from lidl.
Holds 18 litres and has good suction for sawdust and shavings.
Handy piece of kit for the small workshop.
Easy to empty no bin , goes straight into a steel bin, simples.
£29:99 Bargain

ash cleaner 18l.jpg

Grump

Grand Master
First Name
Brian
I can't find mine it hidden under a pile of shavings somewhere.
I think Aldi where doing a similar one some weeks ago we were looking at them on this forum.
Do you have a link for those that might want to buy one of these?

paulm

grave manibus faciendum
Registered
First Name
Paul
Aldi do some good stuff for those tools you only want to use occasionally

johnny5

Registered
Sorry do not know how to add links .:goesred:
If you click on lidl home page and the cleaner is under "Stay Cosy " 05/12/13 on the deals pages.

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Be prepared to be constantly unblocking the filter ...apart from that they do a good job.

Jim

Grand Master
A tidy little machine that will do you a job for a decent price ... :bwink:

Matt

Registered
Would these be any good for catching dust while you are sanding or would it just block the filter straight away? Getting hassle for covering everything in dust then bringing it into the house! :thinks:

Buckeye

ペンメーカー
Executive Member
First Name
Peter
They work great and mine is used to suck the floor and general overspill of dust/shavings, I wish the hose was longer though.

Peter

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
John, Reckon with a 3 yr manufacturers warranty could be a great buy. With my similar vacs I bother the missus for a pantyhose you know what I mean I ask sorry and cover the filter with this using a large elastic band to hold it on it increases the effectiveness of the filter no end and saves filter blockages. Also on the IAP there are many suggestions for a bypass system that leaves most of the dust in the bypass that helps greatly for me.:goesred:

Kind regards Peter.

Matt

Registered
Well, had a look today and all gone at my local store :nooidea: back to the drawing board :goesred: I always miss these offers!!

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).