• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Group buy from Timberbits?

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Hi all - I'm about to order some more pen kits and I think a couple of us buy from Timberbits in Oz. I see from their website that they welcome wholesale orders and offer reduced rates for these. I was thinking of asking them for a special 'UK Penturners' price based on the combined order volumes we all would place. I think asking for that might be easier than trying to arrange a single order here based on all of our requirements. So, two questions:

1. Are you happy for me to speak on behalf of our little band?

2. If they want know what sort of annual volume we are talking about, could we all estimate (as accurately as possible without actually committing to spending the money) how many pens we'd be likely to make in the next year?

Cheers,

David

Jim

Grand Master
Thanks for taking this on David, lets see what interest we get, hopefully a few of us this time with an increase next time ... :whistling:

I'm in also ... :thumbs:

Mattyd

AKA 'The Dundee Redneck'
Graduate Member
I'd be interested in seeing what prices we can achieve before committing to large volume, but I'd take a few.

Jimjam66

Chief Battonager
Registered
Hi all - sorry for the quiet period but my health sometimes necessitates a bit of hibernation. I have had a few exchanges with David so far. Unfortunately his position is (quite reasonably) that he offers volume discounts on large orders because the volume offsets his postage costs. What we're asking is for him to discount small orders where his postage charge is proportionately higher. I can't fault his argument, sadly! So far that's where we are. :down:

ataylor

Registered
First Name
Andy
Ok mate, what sort of money do we need to spend for a decent discount? :thinks:

If we can't get one we may as buy our own items? Is this how i am reading it, or am i missing something? :nooidea:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).