• Thanks for visiting The Penturners Forum today.

There are many features and resources that currently you are unable to see or access, either because you're not yet registered, or if you're already registered, because you're not logged in.

To gain full access to the forum, please log in or register now. Registration is completely free, it only takes a few seconds, and you can join our well established community of like-minded pen makers.

Camera disaster ..maybe ?

edlea

Lobbygobbler
Registered
First Name
Ed
Noticed a tiny little scratch in the middle of the lens of my Lumix TZ10 ..I know I said to myself ,I'll polish it out with some Polywatch scratch remover.... Why can't I leave things be :vangry: It was only noticeable on the picture if you looked very hard. All that I have achieved is to cloud the whole centre of the shot up ... First Class PLONKER or what !!!! Think I'll have a go with 12000 micro mesh to see if it helps ...can't make it any worse !

Attachments

• P1050403-1.JPG
    P1050403-1.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 33

Jim

Grand Master
Can't see anything wrong with the picture Ed ... :nooidea:

Ok, i was only trying to be nice ya gret plonker ... :tongue:

Penpal

Grand Master
First Name
Peter
Uh oh Ed really felt for you there is a calm suggestion to install a filter in front of the lens of your next camera with a dangle from the carry part having a sign DONT TOUCH THIS LENS EVER. I guess this real feeling I have for lenses comes from over 60 yrs of photography when my cameras did not grow on trees.

Yesterday I had no success with my camera with a couple of new pens out of whack pics the tiny switch to manual focus must have clicked over, then the camera refused to function been using rechargeable batteries from Aldi they are IMHO inferior but caused a scare. I thought of showing a pen with the comment sentimentally soft but that only comes off with pics of brides at a wedding.

Sorry mate but end of the road for that lens. I am even hesitant to polish the headlight outside lenses on the SUV.

Kind regards Peter.:thumbs:

Warning! This thread has not had any replies for over a year. You are welcome to post a reply here, but it might be better to start a new thread (and maybe include a link to this one if you need to).